4.13.2012

What are you thankful for?

After having the opportunity to spend 14 uninterrupted honeymooniversary days with Steve I really started to think about how thankful I am that I get to call him my husband.  Steve is the type of man that makes you feel important.  Loved.  Funny.  The fact that he chose me to marry - still baffles me - but I will take it.  I mean look at this grin? 


Not only am I thankful that we married I am also thankful that we both share a love of travelling.  Steve loves it so much in fact he works in the industry.  Me - well I just reap the benefits by being his wife.  If I was ever to chose a second career - I would definitely be a flight attendant.  There is just something about travelling to a new country {or even a previously explored one} that makes me feel alive.  I rarely get passionate about things - but if you ask me about my travels - I am sure to light right up.  So bright that you might want to consider wearing sunglasses - you want to protect your eyes after all.

We try our hardest to get away at least once a year.  By get away - I mean get on the plane and fly out of Canada.  Steve has already asked if we can book a week in the summer for another holiday - apparently he has mistaken us for wealthy people.  We are not.  Let's see what happens. 

Today I am also thankful for all the amazing. odd, funny, and educational experiences that Steve and I have had the opportunity to have together.  And I am  looking forward to the building a lifetime of memories with our future travels. 

Next week I plan to unleash our honeymooniversary adventures until you have all purchased tickets and are flying yourselves to Thailand {don't forgot to get one for me too - consider me your tour guide}.  I hope you will enjoy reliving one of the best getaways I have ever had. Now seriously - do you think that  you are you ready for this?


23 comments:

  1. I love the picture of your wedding! You both look so immensely happy :)

    And I can't wait to read about Thailand! Thank you for linking up on my blog hop. I think it's so important to find whatever it is that you're passionate about. I also love traveling, and photos. I'll be sharing about our trip to Kauai in the next week or so! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful! i love stories...can't wait! i'll pay for the tickets:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are the cutest. My husband and I (going on ten years this summer) love to travel....we've been on some great trips. Enjoy traveling while you have the opportunity!! We have two little ones now and while travel is not impossible, it's just a lot more involved and not as spontaneous. :) We did a great three week trip to Europe pre-kids (compliments of my sister's flight attendant benefits) and it was one of the best things we ever did. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope the person I end up with shares my love for travel. I just think it's such an amazing adventure to have together before popping out kiddos.

    One of my friend couples are crazy travellers. He's a pilot and they've literally been EVERYWHERE. They're now expecting their first child, and I actually have no doubt that they'll likely just start travelling with a baby!

    I really want to go to Thailand one day. Right now Europe is 100% on the brain though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys seem perfect for each other. I can't wait till Big Man and I get to go on our honeymoon in July.

    I'm so looking forward to your recaps, can't wait to hear about them

    ReplyDelete
  6. I scrolled down and saw your travel photos... looks amazing!! I hope you missed the earthquake. I love traveling but I think I'm quite boring, I mostly like to go to the same places, like Italy, England and Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband has really pushed me to travel, and now I can't get enough. We're trying to take advantage of our time in England, but I'm wishing more and more we were independently wealthy and able to just live in every corner of the world for a year or so! I can't wait to see your Thailand pictures- my mom was just there (at the same time as you, actually!), but, unfortunately, she's not a big photo-taker- so I'm extra excited to see yours! I just passed the Liebster award to you, since I am enjoying your blog more and more with each post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so beautiful in that wedding pic, love your dress. Me and the hubs need to travel more before the children come, i always think we dont have enough money but then i hear about people who don't have money either and just make it work! Any tips on how to do it cheap?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet. I hope I can be thankful for a similar reason one day. You're very lucky to have found a partner in crime that is such a great match for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read about your honeymoon adventures!!
    AND I think that you should take a mini-roadtrip down to Ottawa and we can have a blate (blog date!)
    Have a great weekend!!
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw...so sweet. And I can totally see you as a flight attendant!!!! Can't wait for your adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so sweet! I'm glad y'all were able to have such a great trip together :) I feel so lucky everyday to have such a kind and funny husband, too! AND cannot wait for you to unveil the details of your trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW - Congrats!!! You both look gorgeous and happy!!! Traveling is one of my passions - glad my hubby shares it too!
    Leigh
    www.oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting! I love traveling too! I've decided to put my entire tax return towards some awesome vacation and just can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Emily Hope. I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GF friend. I would love it if you would stop by and be mine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. EMILY!!!!!! I sooooo SOoooSOoooo want to go to Thailand some day!!!!!

    You're so lucky you get to travel :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet post :) You two are definitely one of my favourite couples!! I can't wait to read all about your trip. Now, if we can figure out a way to take a group vacation there someday, that'd be even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love traveling as well and my husband and I are finally getting to a point in our lives where we can travel more. I can not WAIT to see the details from your trip! Thailand looks so amazing! I love that the culture is so drastically different than the culture here in the states. That is the exact type of trip I need to take next!

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful post! i'm a fellow "it's a date"er ;) and new follower! looking forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how lovely and sweet. Im a fellow its a date-er and have only just had time to swing by. :( bad me.
    Im a new follower too :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so lovely, I think we can all easily forget how lucky we are to have some special people in our lives. You look gorgeous in the pic! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.