4.09.2014

Currently


I understand if you don't want to read anything I have to say - because all you want to do is look at that adorable baby grin.  I know - I get it - it's killer.  It melts my heart Every.Single.Day!!  Eila has been flashing her best grins for the past few weeks - and I might think it's the greatest thing ever.  Want to know what else has been going on?  Well you are in luck....

Eila has been currently dropping EVERYTHING on the floor.  She's in that infamous stage where she (and only she) thinks it's hilarious to drop things from her high chair so mom or dad will pick it up.  And then repeat x 1000.  This also means that her meals mostly end up on the floor.  It might be the only time in my life when I wish I had a dog to clean up after dinner. 

We are currently making plans for Eila's first birthday.  Which is approaching way to quickly.  We have decided on date and venue for her party - but I am still thinking about what we'll do on her actual birthday.  I start back to work that week - but both Steve and I have booked off the day so we can do some family celebrating.  I am leaning towards a first zoo visit to check out the moose - since we have a camping trip booked for a few weeks later and we will surely go on a Moose Hunt

Eila is currently wearing size 12-18 month clothing.  I don't know how it happened - but one day she was just humongous.  I stupidly bought a ton of 12-18 month clothes thinking it would take her through most of the summer.  It looks like Eila will be getting a new mid-summer wardrobe come June/July.  As for me, I am currently no longer wearing socks.  As soon as the temperatures go above zero - I toss the boots and socks and pull out my Toms.   

Eila is currently kissing everyone and everything.  It's her favourite thing to do, well besides flashing huge grins.  Her kisses are big and opened mouthed - but they are the sweetest thing ever.  Today she was looking at Basil and then kissed him on the nose.  I didn't get to see it - but Steve told me about it and my heart melted.  There is a lot of heart melting going on over here these days.

I am currently keeping all of Eila's outgrown clothes.  I just can't bring myself to get rid of them and/or pack them up.  They are just sitting in a bag in her room.  And the pile keeps growing and growing.  I really need to just buckle down and sort through what I want to keep and what can go.  

what are you currently up to? 

 

Link up here.

7 comments:

  1. What a toothy grin! I love it :)

    I recently started a bin system in both kids closets. I put two bins in each closet (not the big rubbermaid ones, but smaller ones). One bin is for clothes that no longer fit, the other is for donations. When the "no longer fits" bin is full, I can easily label it (i.e. 3-6 months) for storage. With Kale, we kept almost ALL his clothes and we've only re-used a small portion (not because Bea is a girl either - you have stuff you love, but you're also going to want to shop!). Anyway, it seems to be working so far! Doesn't it just break your heart to pack away the clothes though?? I still have a hard time doing it with Kale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how fast she's growing up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids grow out of clothes so quickly! I swear, my eldest was only in 6-9m clothes for three weeks. I was so mad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those teeth! She is so sweet Emily! Can't wait to hear what you do for the big first birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that toothy smile! hehe
    I have no idea what to do for the bday. We don't have much family nearby and most of our friends are childless so, seems silly to have a party. But seems sad not to celebrate somehow! Hmm...
    I am so bad with the clothes, too. I have about 75% of them still, starting with his preemie outfits. I did manage to give some away, but very few in reality. Don't know what I am going to do when they don't fit in the one empty drawer any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT IS SUCH A CUTE PICTURE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.